Custom Search
Humahuaca, carnival, jujuy, festival Andes, mountain, Chile museum, wine, cafayate, valles calchaquies paleontology, Neuquen, Patagonia Nahuel Huapi, Neuquen, national parks rafting, kayaking, sailing, Neuquen gastronomic dictionary, argentina villa la angostura, neuquen el palmar, entre rios, national park Santa Fe, birds, animals, nature
The Ricardo Güiraldes Gaucho Museum and Criollo Park is in the City of San Antonio de Areco. It was founded and built by the government of the province and it opened in 1938.

It takes the name of Ricardo Güiraldes to honor the novel Don Segundo Sombra, published in 1926.

The museum is separated into rooms that have different names. Some of them are Room Ricardo Güiraldes, Room Ricardo Güiraldes II, and the Gaucho’s Room, the Estanciero’s Room, the Writers’ Room, Room Alberto Güiraldes and Room Adelina del Carril, apart from the pulpería (local store), the little chapel and the park that can also be visited when touring the museum.

The Gaucho’s Room, the Estancieros’ Room and the Writers’ Room get applauses from visitors at once. Different objects, items of clothing, silverware and period books including the complete collection of texts by Güiraldes can be found in the venue.

The Ricardo Güiraldes Rooms reflect how the first silversmith settled in Buenos Aires at the end of the XVI century.

A similar handicraft to the one in Upper Peru was developed in this area in the XVII and XVIII centuries. There were many Spanish and Portuguese silversmiths.

When Argentina was organizing itself as an independent nation, cattle breeding began to be intensified. Thus, the symbols of the Argentinian country appeared, one of them is the gaucho.



Custom Search

www.zanox.com

If you liked this article, subscribe to the feed by clicking the image below to keep informed about new contents of the blog:

Expositor of paleontology in Patagonia, the Egidio Feruglio Museum (EFM) is located in the center of Trelew and works in a modern building inaugurated in 1999 that houses a series of findings of highly important scientific value.

Javier García Díaz from the EFM was expecting me to comment on the history and the projects of this institution which emerged and is maintained as a result of the initiative of the Feruglio Foundation and the Municipality of Trelew.

Since 2004, the EFM has belonged to the category of unit associated to the Conicet – (Consejo de Investigaciones Científicas y Técnicas) Council of Scientific and Technical Research.

All the EFM's heritage, which has been acummulated, studied and preserved, is displayed with the aim of telling the history of the planet within the context of Patagonia.

Under the contemporary museologic conception, the exhibition area has been designed from the present geologic period to the Paleozoic Era with its ancient fossil records. More than 1,700 fossil pieces and 30 specimens of dinosaurs displayed in the halls are accompanied by scale models and explanatory posters, as well as a video projection narrating the beginnings of life on this planet.

We toured the first sections of the hall represent everything from the first human settlements in Patagonia to the primitive microorganisms, where some of the milestones of natural history are marked.

In the main area, the Mesozoic Era is illustrated with som dinosaur specimens from the Cretaceous, Jurassic and Triassic periods. The most outstanding carnivore is the Carnotaurus sastrei, which belongs to the group of the abelisaurids -the most spectacular South American carnivores. Likewise, the herbivorous Gasparinisaura cincosaltensis and the Titanosaurus australis, along with fossilized eggs, are displayed at the Museum.

On the first floor, the photographs reflect the various paleontological campaigns carried out in Patagonia and the achievements obtained as a result of the effort made by countless scientists.


Custom Search

www.zanox.com

If you liked this article, subscribe to the feed by clicking the image below to keep informed about new contents of the blog:


The Museo Juan Manuel Fangio (Juan Manuel Fangio Museum), is a museum of motor racing cars, dedicated to Formula One driver Juan Manuel Fangio and located in Balcarce, Buenos Aires Province.

The museum opened in 1986, in the presence of 5-time Formula One champion Juan Manuel Fangio.

Located just a few blocks from where Fangio was born, the museum houses a collection of cars, trophies, photographs and other memorabilia.

The museum occupies a total surface of 4,600 square metres (50,000 sq ft) and is divided into six levels.

The car collection has over 50 cars.

Notable racing cars:

  • McLaren Honda MP4/3B
  • Brabham BT 36
  • Toyota Eagle MK II
  • Renault RE 30B
  • McLaren MP4/10
  • Sauber Mercedes-Benz C9
  • Penske PC-23 Mercedes-Benz
  • Alfa Romeo 308
  • Mercedes-Benz W196
  • Maserati 250F
  • Lancia-Ferrari D50
  • Simca Gordini T15
  • Simca-Gordini T15S Compresseur
  • Arrows A21
  • Maserati 300S
  • Lola T96/20


Custom Search

www.zanox.com

If you liked this article, subscribe to the feed by clicking the image below to keep informed about new contents of the blog:

The banks of the Puerto Deseado ria witnessed the misadventures of the English war corvette HMS Swift, which shipwrecked off shore until it completely sank on March 13, 1770.

Nowadays, the large amount of elements contained by this vessel are displayed at the Mario Brozoski Municipal Museum after being discovered by enthusiastic scuba divers in the troubled waters of the ria in 1982. The museum was named after Mario Brozoski, one of the young divers who took part in the search and passed away some time after the finding.

According to various chronicles, the English corvette set sail from Port Egmont on the Malvinas Islands on March 7, 1770 in order to explore the Patagonian coastline. On March 13, it was hit by a strong tempest and Captain George Farmer decided to take shelter in Ria Deseado, where it ran aground twice and then sank 50 meters off shore.

Thanks to one of the 88 survivors of the shipwreck, the very spot where the episode had occurred could be estimated and some uneasy local scuba divers took charge of finding it and recovering many of the elements today displayed at the museum.

This finding has a very important potential of knowledge for disciplines such as bioanthropology, whose analysis can determine social aspects such as diets, diseases or pathologies related with the labor done by the crew of this vessel.

Upon entering the venue, visitors may observe countless objects like bottles, dishes, an hourglass, glasses, ceramic items, wooden boxes, buttons and wools, among other elements, all of them are displayed in boxes made of glass. Information and data about the features of the corvette is displayed in signposts.

That is how we learned that the HMS Swift was in fact a sloop-of-war, equivalent to the “corbeta” in the Spanish nautical classification. HMS stands for His Majesty's Ship, as it was part of the British Royal Navy.

The sloops were light small boats easily maneuvered. They turned out to be particularly suitable for patrolling and coast recognition tasks. They were equipped with iron cannons mounted on wooden carriages and their caliber corresponded to the weight of the balls they shot.

Also touring around the museum, we learned about some of the habits and lifestyle of the Swift crew. It seems that the sailors had to eat and sleep in the same area. The tables were removable and some hammocks known as “coys” would be used to sleep. Then they were rolled up and kept to take advantage of the space.

At the moment of the shipwreck, the Swift had a crew of 91 men. Only 3 of them died in the shipwreck. Years later, some members of the crew appeared before a court-martial when they returned to England.





Custom Search

www.zanox.com

If you liked this article, subscribe to the feed by clicking the image below to keep informed about new contents of the blog:


 
Copyright © 2015 Argentina Photo Gallery
Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates
-->