It takes the name of Ricardo Güiraldes to honor the novel Don Segundo Sombra, published in 1926.
The museum is separated into rooms that have different names. Some of them are Room Ricardo Güiraldes, Room Ricardo Güiraldes II, and the Gaucho’s Room, the Estanciero’s Room, the Writers’ Room, Room Alberto Güiraldes and Room Adelina del Carril, apart from the pulpería (local store), the little chapel and the park that can also be visited when touring the museum.
The Ricardo Güiraldes Rooms reflect how the first silversmith settled in Buenos Aires at the end of the XVI century.
A similar handicraft to the one in Upper Peru was developed in this area in the XVII and XVIII centuries. There were many Spanish and Portuguese silversmiths.
When Argentina was organizing itself as an independent nation, cattle breeding began to be intensified. Thus, the symbols of the Argentinian country appeared, one of them is the gaucho.